Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Scary Story

When I was younger, I used to spend a lot of time at my best friend's house. My friend insisted her house was haunted. Her parents thought it was some weird  phase. They were wrong though. For some reason, her parents never heard the sounds, but I heard them too. You would be sitting in the living room, and you would hear the very distinct sound of somebody slowly walking across the floor upstairs. The only problem, though, is that you knew nobody else was in the house, or supposed to be in the house. And, when we would go to look, nobody would be there. There was a corner of her basement that was always colder than the rest of the house. It had a rocking chair, and, sometimes, you would walk downstairs, and the chair would be slightly rocking, as if somebody had just gotten up from it. It was creepy, but it seemed harmless. One night, my friend had a slumber party, so there were several of us, who slept over in her basement. About halfway through the night, I woke up to the sound of somebody walking through the room. I turned on the light, really startled, but nobody was there, and my friends were all sleeping. Just as I started to doze off again, i heard a weird sound above us, where the kitchen was. It sounded almost as if somebody was bowling. There was a rolling sound, and then the sound of something hitting a bunch of bottles. I was the only one who woke up, and i was too scared to go up, but the next morning, when I looked, the kitchen was fine, with nothing disturbed. Nobody else had heard anything, although my friend said she had heard that in the past. From then on, I always suggested we'd have the slumber parties at my house.

1 comment:

  1. wow, this story actually gave me the creeps! I don't blame you. I would never sleep over that house again either.

    ReplyDelete